• The first recommendation is to check your insurance policy and make sure you have proper coverage.
• All boats 40′ and up with flybridge enclosures, hardtops and/ or a gross weight of 25,000 lbs or more will be hauled and
blocked at the Yards discretion.
• Inspect all dock lines; make sure all are in good condition and of adequate size. Have extra lines in an accessible location
and make sure your vessel is tied properly.
• Loose items (cushions, flags, fenders not used, fishing equipment, coolers, etc.) on topsides or in the cockpit area should
be stowed away.
• Disconnect and store water hoses and electric cords.
• Canvas; bimini tops, enclosures removed and stored.
• Sailboats; Remove sails, dodgers folded down or remove.
• Remove and store all tenders.
• Make sure your vessel’s operating systems are in good working order. Inspect all bilge pumps, batteries and charging systems.
If everyone cooperates and is aware of the above recommendations we can all “weather the storm”, avoid unnecessary damage, confusion and stress! If you need assistance with storm preparation we are here to assist. Please call to discuss further our storm preparation procedures and rates.